The Colonel James Morgan New Washington Prairie is a natural open space park comprised of 52 acres located on E. Main Street. The prairie features a 5-acre pond with a pavilion overlooking the water, 8,600 feet of concrete trails, seating areas, an 8-acre wetland pond with 2 observation decks, and a 2,100 foot decomposed granite path. The parks gentle hills offer topographic relief from the surrounding area, and includes grasses, plants, and trees native to Texas.
This Park is dedicated to the memory of former Mayor John A. Grimes. Located next to City Hall, it is a wooded park that provides plenty of shade. The park is accessible to the disabled and contains picnic sites as well as a gazebo. Come take a walk on our ¼ mile walking path, or come visit the playground.
This 3-mile paved trail circles the residential section of the City. It is perfect for hiking & biking, and has rest stops along the way with benches & drinking fountains. Named in memory of former Mayor Russell Applebe.
Named for the legendary Emily West Morgan, the Yellow Rose Park is perfectly shaded and has picnic tables for your convenience.
Located at the end of E. Main and Barbours Cut Blvd. Freedom Park has six flags that represent each branch of the military and the American flag in the center. A beautiful tribute to our service men and women, and even prettier at night when lit up.
The Morgan’s Point Museum is located at 1810 E. Barbours Cut Blvd. Group tours can be arranged. If interested, please contact City Hall at 281-471-2171.